Creative careers begin here
In 1969, we were urban pioneers starting a one-of-a-kind college with two Downtown L.A. classrooms. We’ve grown to become four campuses with a student body of 4,200 and nearly 70,000 graduates worldwide. Our driving force has been to stay focused on our goal: to create an educational environment that fuses student desires with career realities. We’re always thinking about how we can adapt and expand to meet the challenges ahead.
国产偷拍视频We offer accredited Master’s, Bachelor’s and Associate Degree programs in design and creative business. Our students collaborate on special Industry Partner Projects with brands like Nike, Murad, Athleta, Signal Snowboards, Lacoste, GUESS, and TOMS. Part-time work and internships with companies like J Brand Jeans, Stila, Topshop, Forever 21, Victoria’s Secret, and Adidas are an integral part of the curriculum. Our faculty are talented industry professionals who bring their experience and connections into the classroom, creating a dynamic, career-focused learning environment.
FIDM's engaging learning environment and rigorous programs of study develop graduates who become leaders in the industries of global design and business. Under the guidance of faculty who are industry professionals, students learn to strategically integrate design thinking with technology, producing work that is grounded in critical and creative thought. Graduates embrace cultural diversity and ethical choice while advancing the well-being of their communities.
A letter from FIDM’s founder:
Welcome to FIDM. Welcome to your future.
You have unique aspirations for your life and FIDM offers the educational pathways and guidance to discover the successful future you envision.
We’re a one-of-a-kind college of the applied arts, where your creative talent, academic engagement, and determination are fostered by a dedicated faculty and staff. You’ll also be energized by fellow students from diverse backgrounds, across the country and around the globe, with creative objectives and ideas like yours.
Career guidance, student activities that encourage community-minded projects, exposure to industry experts, and cultural experiences are all part of the stimulating campus life.
Each of our four campuses is strategically located for optimal visual stimulation and immersion in California’s vibrant entertainment, fashion, and action sports industries with plentiful business hubs.
We invite you to take a bold step, walk through our doors and join our learning community. You’ll uncover not just the profession that you imagine, but the knowledge to take you there.
“As you walk, and sometimes run, through your future, take time each day to enjoy the journey.”
FIDM Founder and President
This special board, composed of community leaders, provides oversight for the quality and integrity of the college. Its members ensure that students receive educational programs of high quality, promote the college's unique response to community needs, and enthusiastically support the international goals of the college.
- John Bonholtzer, Director
- Sister Maureen Craig, Member
- Eddie Guerboian, Member
- Byron Hayes, Jr, Board Chair
- Steven Hirsh, Member
- Tonian Hohberg, FIDM President
- Lois von Morganroth, Member
- Sharon Ryan, Member
- Carol Schatz, Member
- James Travers, Member
- Shirley Wilson, Member
Our Advisory Board is the créme de la créme of industry and community leaders. Their continuing involvement plays a vital role in keeping our curriculum ahead of the curve. This exceptional group of people is comprised of top professionals in their fields, and their commitment to FIDM is unwavering.
- James Acheson, Costume Designer
- Colleen Atwood, Costume Designer
- Trisha Biggar, Costume Designer
- Pierre Cardin, Designer – Pierre Cardin
- William E. Conner, III, President/CEO, William E. Conner & Assoc., Ltd.
- Giovanni Di Pasquale, Accademia Internazionale Koefia
- Diane von Furstenberg, Chairman/President – Diane von Furstenberg
- Don Chang, President/CEO – Forever 21
- Tim Gunn, Author/Mentor – Project Runway
- Steven Hirsh, Cooper Design Space
- Norma Kamali, Designer – OMO Norma Kamali
- Karen Kane, Vice President and Creative Director – Karen Kane, Inc.
- Lonnie Kane, President – Karen Kane, Inc.
- Tom Kennedy, President – Sperry
- Sally Sirkin Lewis, President/CEO – J. Robert Scott
- Terry Lundgren, Executive Chairman – Macy's, Inc.
- Bob Mackie, Elizabeth Courtney Costumes
- Maurice Marciano, Chairman Emeritus – GUESS?, Inc.
- Manny Mashouf, Chairman/CEO – bebe
- Ilse Metchek, President – California Fashion Association; Executive Director – Textile Association of Los Angeles
- Ellen Magnin Newman, Ellen Newman Associates
- Zandra Rhodes, Zandra Rhodes (UK), Ltd.; Rhodes House
- Alex Roldan, Alex Roldan Salon
- Henri J. Sillam, Jewelry Designer
- Emanuel Ungaro, Designer, Ungaro
- Roel Vossen, Founder/Managing Director – Frontline Clothing, Ltd.
- Jacqueline West, Costume Designer
- Clive Wilkinson, President – Clive Wilkinson Architects
Our Board and Staff are committed to excellence and work tirelessly to ensure that students receive the highest quality education.
- Tonian Hohberg, President
- Barbara Bundy, Vice President – Education
- Vivien Lowy, Vice President – Planning
- Tess Stolzer, Vice President – Treasurer
- Paige Adamczyk, Director – Digital Media, Digital Cinema
- John Ahr, Creative Director – Jewelry Design
- Anne-Marie Allen, Creative Director – Theatre Costume Design
- Todd Anderson, Director – Security
- Susan Aronson, Executive Director – Admissions
- Denise Baca, Campus Director/Admissions Director – FIDM San Diego Campus
- Sheryl Badalamenti, Director – Admissions, FIDM San Francisco Campus
- Kathy Bailon, Director – FIDM Libraries, Footwear Design & Development
- Anne Bennion, Chairperson – Fashion Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Design
- Michele Bobak, Director – European Affairs
- John “Buddy” Bolognone, Director – FIDM Facilities
- Jeanne Colliau, Director – Merchandising & Marketing
- Lisa Davis, Executive Assistant to the Vice President – Education
- Linda Eldridge, Director - Education & Career Center, FIDM San Diego Campus
- Norine Fuller, Executive Director – Student Financial Services, FIDM Washington, D.C.
- Ray Gallego, Director, Operations – Career Center
- Eva Gilbert, Chairperson – Merchandising & Marketing, Merchandise Product Development, Apparel Technical Design
- Michael Gilbert, Registrar
- Suzanna Grueser, Director – IT
- Belinda Harding, Director – Student Advisement
- Tom Henkenius, Director – Social Media
- Lisa Hoffman, Director – Graphic Design
- Susan Jenkins, Director – Admissions Operations
- Chris Jennings, Director – Student Financial Aid
- Mike Kaminski, Director – Publications, Web Marketing Operations
- Kevin Keele, Director – Career Center
- Gene LeBrock, Chairperson – Digital Media, Digital Cinema; Director – FIDM Productions
- Roni Miller Start, Chairperson – Apparel Industry Management, Menswear
- Lisa Morabito, Executive Director – Speakers Bureau, Community & Educational Affairs
- Dina Morgan, Chairperson – Interior Design
- Julie Ann Otteson, Executive Director – Human Resources; Title IX Coordinator
- Vicki Paganini, Director – Marketing
- Cynthia Patino, Director – Visual Communications, Entertainment Set Design & Decoration
- David Paul, Co-Chairperson - Fashion Design
- Christina (Tina) Perez, Director – Beauty Industry Management, Beauty Marketing & Product Development
- Sheryl Rabinovich, Dean – Education; Chairperson – General Studies, Professional Studies
- Sarah Repetto, Director – International Affairs
- Jacqueline Saint Anne, Creative Director – Film & TV Costume Design
- Lisa Schoening, Dean - Academic Development; Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Rose Sgroi, Director – Fiscal Operations
- George Sims, Chairperson – Business Management, Business Administration
- Amanda Starling, Chairperson – Special Projects, Textile Science; The Business of Denim
- Lynne Stroner, Campus Manager – Education & Career Center, FIDM Orange County Campus; VA School Certifying Official
- Lyn Tobman, Chairperson – Beauty Industry Management, Beauty Marketing & Product Development, Visual Communications, Entertainment Set Design & Decoration, Social Media, Graphic Design
- Ella Van Nort, Director – Retail Operations, FIDM Scholarship Foundation
- Nick Verreos, Co-Chairperson - Fashion Design
- Ben Weinberg, International Student Director; Articulation Officer
- V. Kim Wetzel, Campus Director/Education Director, FIDM San Francisco Campus
- Shirley Wilson, Director – Public Relations